Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Enough about me....

My name is Melissa im 34 and live in PA. I am currently dealing with DJD, and am still searching for a program that works for me as far as pain is concerned. I am a research assistant at a hospital, and in the last month have been to the ER and my PC doctor and my Ortho DR 8 or 9 times. I work full time and by the time I get home im in tears.
Waiting and waiting to get into pain management, and for them to change my meds. I am currently taking naprosyn 500 twice a day. I have stopped taking Vicodine as they were not working. When the pain gets over a 7 i go to the ER as my Drs office hours dont meet up often with my work hours. sometimes what they give me in the ER is helpful...sometimes not.
endlessly hopeful that something works soon so I can get back to being a active participant in my own life with my kids =/
I mostly smile a lot at work and try to walk when it gets bad, and then cry a lot at home once im in bed.
no actual questions right now, but there ya go =) me in a nutshell. love all the information on this site.
Dear Movie,
Sincerely, The Book

• lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
    edited 06/27/2012 - 6:06 AM
    hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so sorry you are having so much trouble with your pain management doctor.. it is difficult to get by without adequate pain meds or treatment, especially having to work!!.. i hope you see him soon!! please make yourself at home here on the forum! we are here night and day so stop by anytime!! i can feel how much you long to have the time with your children to be active and not deal with the pain!! you are going through a dificult time and i hope the forum will be of some help to you!! try and remember that once you get into pain management, you will begin to feel better!! take care and good luck! Jenny
  • thank you SO much Jenny. sometimes its just nice to vent to people who understand where your comming from. I think a lot of people who dont have chronic pain, really dont understand the stress and upset it causes not just the pain, and I so hate to always have to explain it or try and justify how it feels. thankfully i found this forum and my husband is really supportive.
    look forward to making friends and passing the understanding care and concern everyone here shows onto others.
    sometimes a shoulder to lean on and vent to makes all the difference, so ill make sure to pay it forward <3
    Dear Movie,
    Sincerely, The Book