Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

here to learn and understand

contemplating surgery in my cervical spine, C3-C6, but not sure yet, fell at work 3 years ago, was living fine with ddd until then,,,, not good,

• lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
    edited 06/27/2012 - 3:19 PM
    hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please be sure and check out the "Neck surgery, cervical spine issues forum" for some more input.. there is plenty here to learn and read about your condition.. what other types of treatment have you been through for this issue?? have you seen more than one surgeon?..please be sure and get more than one opinion when it comes to surgery!! the more agreement among surgeons, the better for you!! good luck as you contemplate going down this road!! i am sure with plenty of study, answers to all your questions from your surgeon and just spending time on the forum, you will make the right decision!! Jenny
  • well my orthopedic doc said they were probably suggest fusion, and my regular doctor said they wouldn't suggest it is it were not necessary, but because I have read some things on a lot of sites, the is a 1in 3 chance the pain will get worse, and my luck is not the best, but I am going to get another doc to reveiw my case even if I have to pay for it myself, take old films and compair them to the new ones because of the fall I took, in case comp rejects things on my claim, my orthopedic already limited my working so that I cant do my job because of my shoulder, I just need to get something done for my neck and back, its really killing me
  • hamrs_62hhamrs_62 Posts: 38
    edited 07/22/2012 - 5:04 PM
    from what I glean from what I read, surgeries beget more surgeries, and with little to no pain relief, its a hard thing to fathom when looking for a solution to a neck problem, just disheartening from a solution oriented sort of guy
  • getting really tired of this spam, almost to a point
  • my nuro said he wanted to do a fusion, I went to ucsf for a second opinion,and the doctor there said he wouldn't do a fusion at this time, he said why there is physical damage, the risk is too high, because I do not have any debilitating loss of function in my hands, just shoulders and headaches and neck pain, so when I get the report I will go back to my nuro and see what he says again