Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just left pm apt

So, i just left my pm apt and was describing to my doctor what has been going on. She told me i looked like S*** and we need to manage this better and get me some sleep.

She rxed me ambien for sleeping at night 10mg 1-2 at night. Also increased my oxycodone to 15mg for (BT now) and added morphine 15mg 1-2 for round the clock i guess? Not sure

Does anyone have experience with the morphine and what side effects i may face? Do they go away eventually? Hows the pain relief?

Also the sleep pill...I've heard nothing but horror stories..please shed some light as im nervous to take both new meds.

I try to stay positive, some days just kick me down.

• I can't believe this Dr. started with Ambien at 10mg and said to take one or two???? That is pretty extreme....Along with upping your meds and adding Morphine...You need to be VERY careful as you want to wake up in the morning still breathing!!!!

Ambien is usuallys started at 5mg and even half a dose of that....You ALWAYS want to take the least amount of medication that is needed.....

I am only on 10mg Ambien after being on it for 6 years!...I only moved from 5mg to 10mg a year ago. So....to go from nothing to 10 to 20 mg...again..that is pretty dangerous on top of narcotics....

The Morphine is a 12 hour medication....I am on the MSContin myself. One at 5am and the other at 5 pm......

Obviously I am not a Dr....but I am still shocked that any Dr. would prescribe so much of the Ambien along with bumping your BT and adding Morphine...

Be careful!

• The ambien drug is crap..doesn't work tried last night and couldn't even get 3 hours. The reason she prob did that is because during my hospital stay they had me on it. Didnt work. I was on a 50mcg fent patch, 100mcg every 2 hours, diuladid(spelling) , torodol and like 60 other drugs to help the pain and side effects and it Didnt do a thing. My bp was around 185 for the first 3 days and i was crying in pain. So i just prety much tried everything for sleep. That drug imo doesn't work worth nothing.

Seroquel has been the most effective, just way to expensive at te pharmacy for a month worth. But my pain is now around a 5. I puked on my pt trainer today and he wasn't mad a bit. Said it was my new medicine and i might feel like that awhile until i adjust. Overall I've only gotten sick twice and hope it goes away. This medicine is a godsend and has given me adequate relief.

I try to stay positive, some days just kick me down.
  • I tried ambien when i had my gall bladder removed. It made me feel like a zombie but i still couldn't sleep. For me, nothing works better than good old Nyquil.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    My Pm also prescribed Ambien and I swear it did the opposite of what it was suppose to do. My sleep went from a few hours a night to no hours of sleep a night. We switched to Lunesta which is the same class of drug but it works for me.
  • im 32 and have been living with severe pain for 8 years. ambien caused me to halucinate (?spelling?) that my ex mother in law was a troll ,as she spoke she would float towards me and...lmao anyway, it was some crazy s***..never took it again. as for morphine, i felt like i could sleep for days. good relief but could not function. made me itchy as well. also was shocked that ur PM made multiple changes as you wont b clear on which change is helpful, or causing more grief..good luck Taylor!
    In doing research on a new med i found this forum... Excited to learn more about my condition and share my expiriences with anyone willing to listen..haha