Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh Joy.Oh Bliss!

OllieOOllie Posts: 16
It started with sciatica.Physio & walking cured most of the sciatica pains. but I was booked in for an Xray & MRI. The MRI showed the usual cascade of events happening to the lower spine.following an untreated injury 30 years ago. .I've been told no operation so have been having physio again. The pain has gradually been getting worse.Taking 75mg Diphene on a normal day helps but does not render me pain free. The prescription daily dose is 150 gm but I reluctant to take that amount at the moment. Even when I do ,on bad days, the pain is still there in the background.

I have noticed that the pain has been worse since the second bout of physio started. I mentioned this to the physio & she dismissed the idea that the exercises where making things worse. I spent most of last week in bed with a flu type virus & did virtually none of the exercises. When I recovered to my surprise I was pain free.I resumed doing the exercises & back came the pain.

Yesterday & today I have been cleaning house etc so wore for the first time a specially shaped sciatica lumbar support. Guess what..pain free.Oh Joy! Oh Bliss!

Any thoughts as to why ? I'm guessing only some of the exercises are beneficial whilst others are not.Has anyone else had this experience? What to do now?

• tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
    edited 06/29/2012 - 7:22 PM
    I would isolate the exercise by only doing a few of them on each day and see if you can figure out which ones are doing it. Keep track in a diary of your pain, and what you did and see if you can discover some pattern, that might lend credence to what you believe is going on. Take that to your physio and show them, just what you think and see if they can't find some others that will work better. Remember what works for me. might not work for you and what works for you, might not work for me. We are all built just a little bit different.
  • OllieOOllie Posts: 16
    edited 06/30/2012 - 11:31 AM
    2nd day virtually pain free.I'll follow your advice TamTam & start the exercises again in groups & keep a diary.I cannot believe how much energy I have today.Just shows how tiring constant pain is. Many thanks.