Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

18 months post op

mayo1mmayo1 Posts: 8
edited 07/01/2012 - 8:53 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi all! I'm 18 months post op & doing well. Leg pain completely gone, however still have some back pain when I over do it. I am able to recover quickly by taking it easy for awhile.

I am able to work full time in an office. I still take Norco, 3 per day and I'm ready to start weaning off of them. All in all, my surgery was successful and Im so very greatful to have my life back. However, my Surgeon said I need to be careful with my back for the rest of my life. No BLT's when working out.

My Dr. said there is a good chance I will need surgery on L2-3 eventually. If so, I won't be as scared the 2nd time. I think the anxiety and fear before surgery is worse than the actual surgery.

I'm so glad I had the surgery!

Spinal Stenosis, Spondlylolisthesus, DDD.
L4,5 Laminectomy, Bone graft & Fusion.
7 hour surgery, compacted nerves were dissected & freed.

• I'm so glad your surgery went well and you are recovering well from it.

However, do take it a little easier from now on. Don't try and push yourself over the limit, because you may end up paying for it with increased pain for 2-3 days afterwards. It's just not worth it and unfortunately I know from past experience.

Keep up your excellent progress and take good care of yourself.
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Hi Sue,
    Why did you have revision fusion surgery? Was it successful?