Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain since Mar 11

I wanted to ask some advise, basically I have been getting quite bad neck and upper back pain since Mar 11.

Since then I have seen many different, Physio’s, Chiro’s, Oestopaths, Dr,s, Massage therapist etc. To give an idea on the amount of treatment I have spent over £5,000

Basically nothing has helped me, I have improved my core stability, shoulder stability, lower trap function, t spine mobility etc.

My most recent treatment as been with an expert physio in Cardiff (15+ sessions). His most recent opinion is that my upper cervical facet joints are locked and thus causing pain and muscle spam further down the back. After dozens of session he is of the opinion that the issues cannot be resolved and will require me learning to live with them.

I still believe that I have some issues / imbalances that could be worked on in order to lessen the symptoms, for example my right glute is weak compared to left and my right erector spinea (t-spine) is in spasm and much larger than left (possible this ties in with the weak glute - see pics link at end). I also maybe have some curve in the spine from having a shorter right leg, the leg length was corrected via heel lift (0.9cm) in c Dec 12. My left ribs are also more prominent than the right (back and front), again possibly rotation from years of short right leg. Also when I look in the monitor reflection if I sit normally my head is tilted down to the right a little bit. I have also been told my several people that I have a flat t spine.

At age 30 I am not quite ready to accept that there will be no long term cure or at least being able to get out of pain each day.

Should also mention that I had an MRI in Aug 11 (early degenerative changes, loss of c curve and small disc bulges, but nothing major) and T-spine x-ray shortly after this was normal.

Pictures of imbalance, anyone got ideas on how to correct?

• jakesm001jakesm001 Posts: 17
    edited 07/09/2012 - 1:01 AM
    I don't think that there is any problem on earth that cannot be solved, may be we need to approach the appropriate person who can get to the root cause of the problem and solve it. Since you have visited a number of physios, doctors and osteopaths I would like to say that why don't you start searching for some solutions such as Yoga or acupuncture. I have heard that acupuncture is very useful in a number of circumstances when many of the modern day treatments fail. i hope this helps you. Best of luck and get well soon.