Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scared to death. l3-s1 big problems. surgery scheduled

Hi all,

I have been on here a bit. I have been battling low back pain and leg pain for years. I'm 37 years old. I am 6' 200# and i really don't feel overweight. I've had so many injections I can't even count them anymore with no relief. I've had 2 laminectomies and discectomys on l5/s1. 2 years later after my last surgery, I am in incredible pain that radiates down r leg ttoes, sometimes through groin. I have not lost control of bladder but have the feeling of having to urinate extremely frequently. Last week I had a ct scan and another mri. My double level fusion 360 is scheduled but after the test reports were read by my Dr, his secretary called me first thing Monday morning to see if I could come in for an immediate appointment. Since I go to.Albany med and live 90 mins away I asked for Thursday. My Dr is extremely busy and has tons of patients in waiting room constantly. He actually got on phone with me and asked how uncomfortable I am and if I'm losing control of bladder. He says there are changes to the level above my surgery site they want to fuse at l3/l4 and its a very large migrated herniated disc. My previous surgery site is now a vacuum phenomenon??? I have been previously diagnosed w ddd but I didn't realize i had all these other issues. I also have arthritis in my lumbar area.

Basically I'm freaking out because I never had a Dr call for me to see him immediately. My appointment is for 8:45 but they want me there at 8am to have extra time for him to talk to me. I'm wondering if I should be packing a bag. Needless to say, I'm scared as Hell. I have myself convinced he is going to give me very bad news. I'm 37 w 2 small boys and very concerned.

• salty-
    i just actually experienced a similar situation. i had scheduled my surgery for June 28 & had to do flexion/extension x-rays 2 Weeks before. i had them done, then decided it would be better timing to wait till August even though i felt things were progressing. i called to reschedule and got a call back from his physician assistant saying i needed to come in next day for pre -op and they were doing surgery 4 days later because based on x-ray vertebrae were slipping backwards and compressing cord and didn't feel comfortable waiting. i am now 2 Weeks post op and as chaotic as it was before, i'm glad its over. good luck and be glad your physician is good.
  • you all the best at your appointment this morning Salty! Scary when your doctor gets right on the phone with you to talk to
    you immediately, but definately shows he cares. Did he do your other two surgeries? Will you be getting another opinion?Look forward to hearing how your appointment goes.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012