Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

decompression of l4/l5 advice on recovery post op

bridgetmckeownbbridgetmckeown Posts: 8
edited 07/09/2012 - 10:46 PM in Recovering from Surgery
hello im coming five weeks post op following decompression l4/l5 and had a wallis ligament fitted. since last week im experiencing alot of discomfort area of surgery which i did not have up to this . it has set me back alot and would love if someone had it or may have an idea what it is. i had so little discomfort until; this happened and i feel it has set me rite back. I was very pleased with my progress up to that point but feel when i lay on a couch for a short time i may have doene something to it. I was going for short walks every day and pleased with my progress. now im just at a standstill. thanks for any help which could reassure me what it could be. PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAD ANYTHING SIMILIAR THANKS
bridget
advertisement

Comments

• i also felt my recovery was going along nicely so i started to forget my doctor's directions about lifting, bending and started to get pain in new areas. i called the doc and posted in these forums and was told i was doing to much and reminded that this was major surgery and there is a long recovery process. i listened. its been almost 4 months now, i'm back to work, am tired and have aching back and legs at the end of the day. i take 1/2 - 1 perc and feel better. i am so much better than before the surgery and i truely feel it just takes time.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 07/27/2012 - 4:39 PM
    I had a lamnectomy at L4-L5 Oct. 30, 2008 and 3 weeks later I started having horrible pain again after I sneezed several times. I went back to my surgeon and had another MRI and the disc was reherniated and had to have surgery again on Dec. 15, 2008. Surgeon said sometimes you never know what causes it and obviously if a sneeze did mine than bending, stooping, twisting really could. Sometimes when I would start feeling better I would catch myself doing something I know I shouldn't. Im sorry you are having pain again. I know it can be depressing. You need to call your surgeon and let him know what is happening and go from there. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. I am up all hrs. of night recovering from May 24 microdiscectomy on T7-T8 so feel free to PM me:)

hugs,
    kelli