Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow is the day

As I write this I am 12 hours away from having my ACDF C5-6 surgery performed. Thank you to all who wished me well. Take care and God Bless, Joe
ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.

• It will all go smoothly. I'm 4 weeks post op ACDF c6-c7 and couldn't be happier with my decision to go ahead with the surgery and how nicely the recovery is going. Best of luck to you.....
  • Wishing you much luck with your surgery and recovery. Just know that you are not alone and we are here to get you through all the ups and downs of recovery. When you are up to it, post and let us know how you are doing! :-)
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Best of luck but you don't need it....You have a kick ass surgeon.....You are tough and have a great attitude so I KNOW you will be A OK. I look forward to hearing all about your frankenstein day and hearing how cool your scar is....chics dig scars. Lol!( wink)

Big hugs.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF C6/C7 Monday July 16th 2012.

• This is joes wife sandy surgery went well. Told he can leave tomorrow, they do give you a calming medicine in Pre-op before you go to OR. Woke up with pain, numbness not as bad. Will post later
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • the update Sandy. Glad to hear that surgery is over for Joe and that his numbness is not as bad. Wishing you a smooth recovery Joe.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • islandstylistiislandstylist Posts: 307
    edited 07/11/2012 - 8:43 AM
    Glad to hear he made it through so well. Hope your recovery is an easy one Joe.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF C6/C7 Monday July 16th 2012.

• Thanks Sandy. It is very nice of you to take the time and post.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Please tell Joe we are all hoping he will be much better in no time!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Welcome to the other side. Now just rest and relax and follow all the doctors orders. Before you know hopefully this is all behind you. Take care.
  • Thanks for letting us know how Joe is doing Sandy! Glad he made it through surgery & is already experiencing improvement!!!
    Will continue to keep him in my thoughts & I know you'll take great care of him when he comes home :)
    Slipped on a wet stair case the morning of 10/31/11, landed flat on my tush & blew up my spine & both SI joints.
    3 level ACDF C4-C7 7/11/12 (collapsed discs & severe cord compression)
    lumbar fusion to be scheduled once healed from ACDF
  • thanks for the update Sandy, bet you're relieved and will be glad to have Joe back home. so glad he has support, it makes such a difference. my thoughts and very best wishes for a straight forward recovery to Joe and also to you Sandy. big hugs TinaAnn 9 weeks post op 3 level c5/6/7 and doing well.
  • for the update on how Joe is doing.

I remember after my lumbar fusion, my husband wrote a few posts letting everyone know how I was doing.
    Everyone thought it was me posting! He had to let them know it wasn't.
    He also printed off the posts and brought them into hospital for me to read.

Please let him know that we are thinking of him and send our best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery.
    We'll look forward to hearing from him when he is able to post.