Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stenosis in neck and back

without boring you with medical details I have stenosis in neck and lowerback. One year ago I had 3level ACDF which was great success inspite of c5palsy in left arm. Now I have lowerback S5L1 pinched nerves which are destroying my calf muscles and achilles. Atrophy in left leg has shrunk muscles and walking is very bad on my back and leg and ankle. Doctor this morning recommeds surgery asap to save remaining function of leg. Not for pain but to "save" the leg. Eventually pinched nerves would make leg no more than bone and skin with zero muscle and destroyed achillies.
To add to the fun I also have very large and painful bonespurs in both hands and I need them surgically fixed to make me "walker ready" as the doctor says.
First how many people have stenosis in both areas? And has anybody had the nerves pinched and destroy the leg muscles.??/\ Thanks
Bob
advertisement

Comments

• Bob I can't offer a lot of help but hoping all goes well for you as it does sound like you are definitely in need of surgery. I have not had a lumbar MRI yet (having cervical spinal surgery tomorrow for spinal stenosis and foraminal stenosis) but I wouldn't be surprised as I have nerve pains in both legs & feet. But dealing with the neck first. Once you have severe symptoms like you describe you really need to have it taken care of! Again, best of luck - keep us posted if you do have surgery!
    Carmen