Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain from Physical Activity

Hello All,

A year ago, a group of my friends were playing around at a friends place, and we decided to do the human pyramid (3 people on the bottom, 2 on the second row, and 1 on top). I was one of the people on the second row and one my friend who weights about 200 pounds jumped off of my back. I heard my spine crack like twice (like when you crack your knuckles). Ever since, an area about the size of my palm on the left side of my spine is sore and occasionally hurts.

How severe and what kind of injury could that have caused my spine? and what kind of doctor should I go to look for help?

Thank you so much for your help!

• I think that since your body was not used to such kind of activity that all you friends suddenly did, your spine has injured itself. I think that leaving the issue untreated for long will only aggravate the problem. You should go to a orthopedic or chiropractor as soon as possible- one who can understand the problem and treat the pain.