Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need advice for pain pump plz...anyone

well ive been through the mill like most here.heres my question i had to get a referal from my primary doc and pain clinic called today hers steps they want to take all over again shots,massage therpy,those dont work pain pump ,with having pain pump does it work?will i be sick as if i ran out my pain med for 2 or 3 days?where will they install the pump and will it stick out and be easy to see?hers my problem being on percocet and lowertabbs 10 milgram for 4 years just dont help like it did .but if you ask doctor about prescribing something stronger makes me feel like there judging me and think im a drug ad.
ive had 2 back surgerys and my legs and both feet kills me only relief i can get is staying off them and double up and sometimes tripl my dose pain meds then i run out .after my 2 surgery 3 months postop i ran out my pain med 3 days early and i called and told them .well ladie said they didnt feel them early anymore and didnt call me back.went in for my refil and they drug tested me and i took some of my wifes lower tabbs she had left over and he call me said why are lowertabbs in your system i told him and i also call and told you i was out so i had to take something.so he didnt say anything he wrote me my percocets.the next month he switched me to lower tabbs 7.5 said he was going to wing me off off the med ,so i got sick with the flu was in bed 2 days they then call me back in for a drug test i told them it wouldnt be today i was sick couldnt be far from the bathroom,she said okay as long as you come in by the end of the week i said okay.3 day i went in ,and for 2 days i didnt take any meds ,niquil was it stayed sleep .so i didnt take my pain med for 2 days.i got up took a shower took my pain meds and 45 min later took the drug test ,well the next week i went in for my refil and checkup ,he said you are off pain meds your system was clean ,i said doc i took my pain meds before i left the house and he wasnt having none of it he said i aint writing me nothing made me feel like i was selling or just drug adict.ive got very dependnt for my pain meds its only way i can stay on my feet for a while.so new pain clinic call said i 3 optoins ,shots massge therpy,and pain pump ,ive got in trouble 2 times with these dang drug test,underprescibed 4 years same med just dont work now and they dont want to help ,because of the stupied law or doctors writing people that dont need it,,but it aint our fault ive had 2 back surgerys trying to get off pain meds,but worser now with pain in my feet and lower back and legs.are they something i can do?or what do i need to tell my pain doc when seeing him i hope this week but dought it.thanks if anyone can help ray

• there is a huge thread already created that give good advice from people who have this pump. All the concerns , success, medication and advice are all posted.
  • My, My.....you have managed to make every misrake in the book when it comes to your pain meds havent you? Oh well....you have learned your lesson havent you and will never make those same mistakes again will you?
    Having a pain pump is not bad at all. I have had mine 2 years and it has given me my life back. Do not worry about running out of pain meds in your pump. The only that will happen is if you do not go in for your refill when it is due. IF it does get low the pump will warn you by beeping but you will still have a week to get to your Doctor before it is completely empty. Your pump Doctor will explain everything to you.
    When you go in for your appointment at the pain clinic you have to be completely honest answering their questions. Do not try to make your pain sound worse than it is and DO NOT ask for pain meds!!! If the Doctor thinks you need them he will give them to you. You have to build their trust and the only way you can do this is by being honest. Follow all their rules to the letter!!!
    Thats the only advice I can give you.
    Best of luck to you.

Patsy W
This discussion has been closed.