Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cortisone epidurals and hair loss, brittle hair

I got my first cortisone epidural on September 7 of 2011; just had my fifth one last week. I'm getting them to take the pressure off of a pinched nerve at L5/S1. I do feel like they're working, at least a little.
Over the past year, my normally long, glossy, pretty mane has become decidedly dilapidated. Super-brittle and dry, breaks off, a bit more than normal comes out in my brush, and even after freshly washed, the texture is dull.

Anyone else have similar side effects? Anyone tried any products they'd like to share?

• Hi,,

I noticed significant hair loss with Lyrica. I've had two epidurals and I guess that hasn't helped either. But what is one to do??
  • LA Runner chick, Might i suggest Biolage conditioner. Its expensive but wonderful. Make sure you leave it on for as long as you can at least 10 minutes, longer if your soaking in the tub. I also use the biolage serum which helps smooth out my hair after its dried. Also rather than hair spray, use a small amount of conditioner on your hair once its dried and don't wash it out. works great.
  • JackFiveJJackFive Posts: 2
    edited 09/06/2012 - 8:20 AM
    Ya I can only blame age.
  • sandy jacobsssandy jacobs Posts: 1
    edited 06/13/2015 - 10:41 AM
    I am having significant hair loss since my epidurals. Has anyone had this and does it eventually stop?
  • Has anyone had their thyroid checked recently? Also birth control may cause hair problems. Wash hair every other day. I use the Pureology line of hydrating shampoo and strength cure products. Also ask your salon for special treatments such as Redken Chemistry shots- try to have them twice a month if you can afford it- or look on Amazon to purchase and condition yourself. Try coloring your hair a little less often too. Moisture, moisture, moisture!

Good Luck.