I went to the surgeon to get the results of the latest MRI and he said that c6/c7 had significant narrowing and pushing into both foraminal spaces. He discussed with the condition of c4/c5 that he couldn't do a surgery at c6/c7 without fusing that one and since c5/c6 is already bulging it would only be a matter of time so the best bet would be the 3 level fusion. He also said that it would most likely lead to additional surgeries 10 to 15 years later. Whe I talked to him 3 months ago the discussion was trying to find relief through injections and other therapies to put the fusion off as long as possible, doesn't look like there will be much more of a delay now.
The only thing holding me back now is a need for a knee replacement revision surgery this fall. I want to get my legs under me before I have cervical surgery. We talked about using the traction to see if that will give me enough relief to hold off for 6 months to a year. 2 nights so far and I have some relief while using the traction but it goes back to the tingling, pain and numbness after a few hours.
Anyone have any luck/eperience using the in-home traction device? I was actually surprised by the quality of the device, appears very sturdy and of good quality. hoping that with repeat use it will help putting off surgery.
laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched