Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have luck with in-home traction?

I went to the surgeon to get the results of the latest MRI and he said that c6/c7 had significant narrowing and pushing into both foraminal spaces. He discussed with the condition of c4/c5 that he couldn't do a surgery at c6/c7 without fusing that one and since c5/c6 is already bulging it would only be a matter of time so the best bet would be the 3 level fusion. He also said that it would most likely lead to additional surgeries 10 to 15 years later. Whe I talked to him 3 months ago the discussion was trying to find relief through injections and other therapies to put the fusion off as long as possible, doesn't look like there will be much more of a delay now.
The only thing holding me back now is a need for a knee replacement revision surgery this fall. I want to get my legs under me before I have cervical surgery. We talked about using the traction to see if that will give me enough relief to hold off for 6 months to a year. 2 nights so far and I have some relief while using the traction but it goes back to the tingling, pain and numbness after a few hours.

Anyone have any luck/eperience using the in-home traction device? I was actually surprised by the quality of the device, appears very sturdy and of good quality. hoping that with repeat use it will help putting off surgery.
laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched

• I use mine daily. I do feel like it helps my neck and left shoulder. Generally feels better for at least a few hours. It's best use is for two particulabr pain points I have, one back left upper arm and lower left base of neck where at least a couple times a week I get sharp stabbing level 7-8 pain. Within ten minutes in the traction unit that pain is gone for a couple days.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • davrunnerddavrunner Posts: 478
    edited 07/15/2012 - 7:44 AM
    Ive had the traction device for three days and so far only get a little relief. Ive been a bit afraid to use too much presssure but maybe I need to go above 15 pounds. I really need to put the surgery off for as long as possible but don't want to suffer any more nerve damage.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched