I had PLIF L3-5 in '07 for spondylolistesis (sp?). I would say that it was about 50% successful, as it did help the pain and numbness radiating down my leg. I still had nagging pain in my lower back, but it was livable.
Until recently. It has literally come to the point where I can only stand for walk for about 10 seconds before the pain gets excrutiating. I saw a new pm a couple of weeks ago, and she ordered an mri.
Non-medico that I am, even I can see the change. In spite of the hardware, my vertebrae in level 4-5 has slipped dramatically.
I have an appt. with the pm on Tues., but am tempted to just go ahead and make an appt. with my neurosurgeon anyway. I wish I knew how to post pics here, I would show you the difference.
What do you think, should I just go ahead and call my surgeon on Monday? Hoping to get an appointment sooner? Or wait until I see the pm?