Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval
ATTENTION: All NEW MEMBERS
1) Your first discussion or comment needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

pain after cervical fusion

I have progressing pain in my neck arm shoulder and fingers,since my surgery!
Renee Elbel
advertisement

Comments

• I have had 3 Cervical operations, 1 being ACDF 2/3/4 in September 2010 and 2 being Posterior Fusion to 5/6/7 in December 2011 also plates to Facet Joints in December 2011. Also had PLIF + rebuild in December 2008 which was lengthy operation. You will have neck pain for some time in the neck muscle area but with exercise it does get easier. I had after 3 operations in such a short period very bad shoulder pain but extensive physio/massage really helped alleviate this pain and numbness to fingers will eventually go away like mine did. I am still suffering neck pain so when I see my Spinal Surgeon on 27 July I am going to ask for an injection if possible. Was your operation an ACDF? You can send me a private message and I shall be delighted to answer it.