Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

quick advise before doing the surgery for a dentist in pain

am 29 years old dentist , that I woked up with extremely sever arm and shoulder pain with thumb numbness, the MRI result returnes to me as considerable C5C6 disc herniation with considerable flattening of the root sleeve at that point,

I went to my nuerosurgeon and after the examination ...etc he said that I need the surgery to fix it ,

the question , now the sever pain is gone , I still have the numbness and the weakness part but the pain is gone, since I have to do the surgery at some poin in my life am wondering is this is the correct time to do it ?

sometime I say since there is no pain why am doin it , then after I remember the MRI image and the pain happend to me before I get back and say I have to do it as corrective and preventitive measure, my surgery in two days ,,

any idea

thank you alot

• Good luck on surgery. Sometimes I wonder when this happens if it is the jitters or just something we let our mind say there is not pain. The one thing you don't want to risk is permanent nerve damage, so proceeding with the surgery, might be the best option. Obviously as a dentist you need to use your arms in a very intense way at all times, so you don't want the risk of damage. Typically it is not the pain they are doing surgery for, but rather the neurological symptoms as you described above. Anyway good luck with surgery and let us know how it turned out. Hopefully your back being a dentist before you know it.