Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hottub Pain Relief

An MRI has revealed that I have total loss of all cartilage in both hips. I can't get surgery until Feb 2013. When I get in my small therapy hot tub my hips instantly work great...no pain, full range of motion, etc.

I am painfully walking with the help of a walking cane. Is there any known pain management technique that duplicates the pain management that I get from my hot tub? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

FRay Denver Colorado

• I find a warm water therapy swimming pool good just before the hot tub. They have arthritis aquafit classes for people with limited movement or a PT can instruct you at certain rehab pools. It's so nice to have the pain relief in the water. I used a floatation belt when I went to aquatherapy and it felt great floating also having a noodle is great to hold onto while walking in the warm water pool. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868
    augment some of my formal Aqua Therapy exercises. That are so many variables involved, so the best I can say is talk this over with your doctor/therapist. They will be best suited to tell what you can and can not do in a hot tub.

Also, as Charry stated, almost any water can help. I live on a lake, so I can go down to the lake to do some of my walking exercises
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com