Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need SI Joint Injection soon already lol

jharrison43jjharrison43 Posts: 13
edited 08/12/2012 - 2:49 PM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Hello I had the AXIALIF and XLIF from L-3 to S-1 over 2 years ago and I have been asking the WC Lawyer to get this SI Joint procedure okayed and they tell me ask your Pain Management Doctor so I see him and he writes up the report and I get denied by the Inusrance company a merry go round of crap. The last time I had an SI Joint Injection was over 2 years ago I am in excruciating pain. My tailbone is so painful I can't sit or drive or do much of anything. I have hip to hip pain and it drops me to my knees thats how I know its really bad, I can't bend over more than a couple degrees or my right hips drops and I can't support my upper body. Also It feels like I have a cage of pain around my mid section down to my tailbone. I don't know who to get a hold of anymore I have been complaining writing letters to my lawyer and nothing pleading with the PM. I was told by the surgeon I would possibly need the SI Joint Injection several times a year because there is so much pressure on my S-1. . So if any of you can help me and shoot some advice my way I would appreciate it. My second QME is coming up and I hope he can go back and look at all the denials from the Insurance Company and see that they made me go through some serious pain and suffering and hopefully do something about it. Thanks for taking a look.

• I was wondering why no one responded I thought I lost this post after spending like a half hour on it last month one of those posts where you press the back button and your comment box is empty lol well here it is above I found it. Anyway I need some help the pain is just wearing me down my work insurance CNA Valley Forge is denying everything and has been for some time. I am really seriously thinking about hiring another attorney to make some progress for me because no one seams to be doing anything and as I sit here not able to do much they just keep denying denying denying I am ready to give up. Thank you JH
  • I also have SI pain. Getting worse. I am fused L1 to S1 and there is too much force on my SI joint which was injured in the accident that caused all these problems. I had two SI joint injections with relief which is the gold standard for determining SI problems. I went to my PM doc and she sent me to a new PT who gave me different strengthening exercises to do. They have helped a little. Strengthening glutes and lower abs are most important.

Good luck.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • avonldyaavonldy Posts: 61
    edited 08/12/2012 - 7:19 PM
    I have had both SI joints and 4 facet joints injected in the last 3 months. They have been a lifesaver for me. I understand that I will have to have them done several times a year to keep the pain managable. I am so happy to have some relief after many years of pain. I hope you can get them ok'ed.
    I have Ankolysing Spondylits, Ulcerative Colitis, DDD and a bit of OA to make things fun. Most of my problems are due to inflation of many joints, tendons and ligaments. I see a GP, a Rheumatologest, an orthopedic Dr and a wonderful PM.
  • Also from an accident. The injections took all of my pain away, but for only a few hours each time. PT gave me an SI Belt (brace kind of thing) to wear until surgery and it has helped a LOT. I wear it 24/7 except to shower. I don't know where else you could get one, but something maybe for you to look up??

Good luck, and maybe a new attorney would be worth it also. I know your pain, and it's completely inhumane to let someone suffer the way they've done you.
  • I've had one of the SI joint injections, and it was a miracle. Knocked out all the pain for about six months. It looks like a fusion is in my near future -- possibly just l5/s1 -- and i'm scared about increased SI joint stress.

Also, jharrison43, you might want to post over in the "health insurance issues" forum. You'd probably get a lot more advice and information from people with stories similar to your own.