Ive been on this journey for a couple of years...long story short my back has been bad for about 9 years, gradually getting worse. I have posted the resuts of y first MRI...I have a lot going on at many different levels. I have had 4 epidurals since January, with minimal releif. So when I woke up Tuesday morning unable to to walk from the pain again, I kind of knew where this waws going. After another MRI in the hospital with some significant changes, they have put the fusion on the table and he can do it on Saturday....not sure if I am feeling rushed, or relieved or what but Im totally freaking out! I am still in hospital.
Is this happening to fast or is it about time? Am I prepared, is my family really prepared for what is ahead...they have never come on this site to see all of the horror stories....will I be one of the horror stories or one of the successes. Will I hold on to my job, or am I going to come out of this a mess and unemployed?
I know there is a prep type sheet somewhere on here....right? Looking for some encouragement...my stres level is rising. I have 2 little kids...2.5 and 8...what the heck will this decision to do them?
Going the gamut of emotions here...what do you think? Close my eyes and hold on?
3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012