Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 week post-op

Okay..staples out, yeah
Can bend over now, just not repeatedly, yeah
Can get in the pool in another week, yeah
Still no twisting, therefore no actual swimming, boo
No driving for four more weeks, boo
Still need to use the walker, boo

• tran92ttran92 Posts: 183
    edited 07/19/2012 - 12:07 PM
    I just asked my surgeon about the pool too. he also said no lap swimming, but he suggested one of those resistance belts that hold you up, so i could kick my legs at least. basically aqua jogging. or walking in the pool. i have to wait 6 weeks for lap swimming, which is fine since i don't think i'm up for that yet anyway.

6 weeks no driving... ugh! i'm on 4 weeks, so next week i should be good. or at least i hope so, cause i want to get out of house under my own power already.

good luck.
    Microdisectomy / hemi-laminectomy 6/2010 and revision 10/2010
    Cervical fusion C4-5 and C5-6 9/2011
    Lumbar Fusion L5-S1 6/2012
  • Staples out today...yaaaaaaaay.
    Very painful experience. Boo
    Had some leaking of fluid from iscsion site this week...surgeon drained three syringes of fluid. Boooo...waaaaaa
    Steristrips and pressure dressing applied. Yaaay.
    Next appt with surgeon in five days time...if no improvement, surgery the day after appt! Booooo. Waaaaa. WTH,
    I had planned to start walking more...doc says I have to maintain pressure on my back as much as possible. Booooo.

But....all that being said...my leg pain has gone!
  • @Expat98, I'm so sorry to hear about the leaks, pressure dressing and possible new surgery. Glad to hear that the leg pain is gone for you. Guess I should add my self two more yaaas of no more leg pain and no more urinary retention.

@Tran92..my husband will be picking me up something similar so I can water walk. I had just bought a new car May 15'th, haven't driven it since July 3'rd