Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Final update from spinal doctor with diagnosis

Had facet injections done on the 5th.
Thanks to all for the information on what to expect!

Saw the doctor today and he talked to everyone in his office about possible treatments before coming in to see me.

The injections didn't help me in any way so that was a very long 2 weeks of extra pain when we would have went back and saw him sooner but I understand the wanting to give them time to work.

He came in and said "well since the injections failed and you've tried pretty much all other forms of therapy we as a care team here are not happy to tell you that a spinal cord stimulator wouldnt help or nerve blocks or surgery.

The best we can tell you is that you have Chronic Pain Syndrome, we can refer you to a pain clinic and see what other options they can offer but since you have been to one before I dont know if they can offer any other different options.

Thanks to all,
Just thought I'd give everyone an update!

Thornton8000
michael thornton
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Thornton,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a negative result. I hope that there is something out there to help you.

Please let us know how you get on. I wish you the very best of luck and a big hug.

Nel
  • i'm so sorry that you had to have that offered to you. Why is there no other kind of surgery that they can offer you? i'm sorry i don't know your history.
  • Thornton, you should check out the SCS section of spine health. From my understanding an SCS is tried when your spine is mechanically stable, and other options such as pain meds, injections etc don't work anymore.
  • peanutbutterppeanutbutter Posts: 3
    edited 07/25/2012 - 7:24 PM
    Dang I'm so sorry to hear that news. All I can say is that I hope some new treatment of some type will come along to aid you. Keep going strong friend. You never know what's in the works, I'm sure there's some crazy stuff out there it's just a matter of when.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.