Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bought a triton decompression machine need forum's help

Kind of miraculously I came upon a great deal on a 2nd hand Chattanooga Triton MP-1 spinal traction machine. It's an older model but it seems to work fine.

It came with no instructions, but I worked with it for a while and figured out how to set the maximum and minimum tension, the number of steps going up and going down, and the length of session.

So I know how to program the machine, but what I don't know is how I should be using it. I need to find out what a good treatment protocol would be for someone with my problem - bulging disks and other unpleasantness at C5-6, and C3-4.

If anyone has had spinal decompression therapy and remembers what their treatment involved or otherwise knows how to use this type of machine (max/min tensions, steps, time of treatment) I would be very grateful to have that information.

Doing whatever I can to avoid going under the knife. But constant pain and enforced quitting of almost all my recreational pastimes is really messing with my head.

I am new to this group so I don't really know how to get messages back. I'll post this and if I don't hear anything I'll log back in and leave my email address.

Many thanks. Don't give up, a friend of mine who works in health insurance says that it's not uncommon for neck/back pain to subside by itself but it often takes a couple of years .

• There are a few clinics in my home city who run ads regularly for spinal decompression and they use the Triton decompression table. Like you did, I am very interested in just purchasing one. However, the vendors usually require one to have some sort of medical license to buy one. I visited three local clinics. They all had pretty much the same protocol, which was 25 sessions minimum with gradually increasing tension. The first set tension should be relaxing and pain free and increased each time a little bit. Did you have any pain relief using the Triton?