Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

only 4hours sleep last night

And it looks like its going to be another late one tonight. Since my injection last week i've had a bad burning sensation in both of my legs. Even when i do get to sleep i wake up because my legs are so hot and now the burning is going upwards through my back and now into my shoulders. I know that its nerve problems,my nerves are moving a million miles a min. and when i lay still all i can feel is them vibrating like crazy.Hopefully one more week and this will settle down. I'm assuming that its because of the injection i had. Every time something different seems to happen to me. This time it would be nice if the problems were cut short though!!!

• it is really hard to get good sleep, and waking up is cruel, take about two hours to get going, waiting for meds to kick in
  • i have not had more than 2 hours sleep per night in the last 10 years ..its a horrible situation to be in ,i would love 4 hours {lol}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • tammycttammyc Posts: 894
    edited 07/22/2012 - 2:22 PM
    ya i hear ya tony, i went nine years on so little sleep because of my neck issues and after my surgery i thought that i was over all this,then my low back started on me.Now i'm right back in the mess of things again. I wish they would find something that would keep me out longer then i am.I just can't feel better and do what i need to during the day on so little sleep.
  • thats really rough
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Once you start with Spinal problems and more so when its on a longer term (chronic pain), sleep is something that becomes a rare treat.

Sleep can almost be broken down into a few categories (none which are medically defined)

- No Sleep. Pain is to intense to really fall asleep. A combination of medications and lack of sleep may result in a couple of hours, but nothing straight

- :Little Sleep. Here is where you are very conformable and can not lay down, sit up or find any real position to help you fall asleep.

- Mixed Sleep. I think many of us fall into this category. Because of Pain, Restless Legs, Nerve pain, etc any type of sleep is always interrupted. So you may sleep for an hour, then wake up for an hour, sleep for an hour, etc

Sleep in general can a major concern. Sometimes the more you focus on sleep, the bigger the problem it can become.

I think that it is important to find the environment in which you can sleep. That can mean relax, music or aroma therapy.
    For myself, I like to put my headphone on and listen to various music. Everyone should find their own way in helping them get sleep.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.