Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After surgery nerve pain,

Had my surgery july 5th,I continue to have leg pain ,it only seems to get worse,even more so after sitting,Any help?

• Have you begun a walking program? Sometimes it will hurt till you get the leg moving, but also nerve pain can take on some, sometime to heal, others are lucky and it is gone post surgery. If it continues to get worse be sure your surgeon is aware of this.
  • DreadlockDDreadlock Posts: 1
    edited 09/03/2012 - 6:43 AM
    Hi am new to this site ..but could really really do with some advice.My story is 18 months ago started getting sharp nerve pain in hip/bottom and down right leg , was able to deal with this for about 4 weeks taking over the counter meds.It got so extreme and painful had to stop work have not worked since , long story short after lots of PT/Hydro/Accupucture etc and lots of tramadol/diclofinac I had MRI told a had a big L5/4 right lateral and forminal ( not sure if that right spelling) prolaspe impinaging on nerve root recess....tried epidural injection and gabapintin
    Neither really worked .had open discetomy/decompression 8 weeks ago right .leg pain is still there but better ..but am now getting very very bad back pain that feels like it spreading over my hips and into my good leg , legs are very weak ..everyone I do anything apart from little siting/walking/standing it makes it much bad ..still taking 250 mg tramadol .....is this all normal ....I have been doing my PT from day after op ...also when I had x ray pre-op ..my L5/S1 disc was hardly visible (like the bones nearly touching) ....please somebody help ...thank you for reading xx
  • DJDDJ Posts: 15
    edited 09/05/2012 - 4:19 PM
    How would you describe your pain?

After my L5S1 dis., I was so worried that my right buttock, leg, and foot were nearly completely numb for 3 weeks or so.

Then a pain started in my hip, eerily reminding me of how it felt right after the initial herniation.

Then my shin and foot started feeling like they were on fire, with a thousand pins being stuck in my toes. Unbearable.

Now a few Aleve helps with the hip. Dr. put me on Neurontin for the shin and leg...miserable stuff (300mg 3x/day), but it calms the nerves down. I always remind myself it's probably a good thing the nerves are acting up!