Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain with foot drop...

I developed foot drop in the left foot after having L4-L5 spinal decompression some years ago. I saw another orthopaedic surgeon and subsequently got had another surgery to supposedly relieve pressure on a compressed nerve. Needless to say, this didn't help my foot drop and for the last few months my left leg hurts from my hip down to my foot, I have worn braces and AFO's that are uncomfortable, bulky or just dont work well. I have noticed increrasing pain and weakness in my left leg and the muscle has lost some definition. I have been referred to an orthopaedic surgeoon to get evaluated for tendon transfer. I have looked this up on the internet, but has anyone here had this procedure and if so, did it help? The pain is borderline unbearable at night and walking is work...any feedback is very much appreciated.

• desb63ddesb63 UKPosts: 107
    edited 07/24/2012 - 11:17 PM
    Hi rstaylor 1,

I have been researching orthotics for my foot drop,but I read you find these uncomfortable,I am at my whits end with this now, I had surgery on L5/S1 last November for sponylolisthesis with fusion on my left side,my foot drop did not improve at all,I have recently had another MRI with dye injection to see what is going on,my appointment is in a few days for the review,hopefully they will find something.I am starting to get more symptoms of heat in my foot with a painful heel so am a little worried now.I have had drop foot for a few years with a cold icy feeling along with pins and needles twitching muscles in my ankle and spasms.I can say since my surgery the spasms have reduced but not gone away.You mention pain from hip down I sometimes feel my hip pops out of place although not much but I get pain and twitching in the upper back of my leg also.Surgery has helped in some ways with my lower back pain but I have very sharp twinges that bring me to my knees I assume I am still weak from surgery and hoping fusion will heal soon.Not heard of tendon transfer so look forward to people responding to this,sorry for rambling on but it is hard to find someone who relates to this problem.