Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I blew it

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 07/24/2012 - 8:18 PM in Chronic Pain
Off to the ER I went after waking up in extreme excrutiating pain in lower back & left foot. Foot hurts worse. Had mri 2 weeks prior which showed annular L3-4, next to where i had tlif on L4-S1. Also have scar tissue lump on L4-5 level. Doc said tear will heal alone or herniate. Well ER doc thinks i blew it. Mri showed also a partial facet joint fusion at L3-4. Had iv fentanyl, dilaudid, ativan,zofran. No problems w/ pain pump as far as I know. Little to no reflexs on neuro check, pain in leg during straight leg raise. Have f/u appt today, should know what the treatment plan will be. Always done terrible w/ ESI.

• to hear about your new increase in pain. Glad to hear that you are having a follow up appointment today. Is your f/u with your surgeon? Hope that there is a plan set up that eases your pain. Let us know how you make out.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • my appt is w/ pain mgt today. Dunno whats gonna happen or if I will be referred to an NS or OS. Definately will go for conservative measures first. All I know is that the pain is brutal.
  • meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
    edited 07/25/2012 - 3:33 PM
    well I am scheduled for an ESI tomorrow and MRI on Friday. My dilaudid in pain pump increased up to 15% so I can get some relief. The pain is horrifying, ice packs are my buddies (so is Icyhot).
  • Sorry to hear that Meyday, when it rains it pours. Hopefully your appointment went ok.
  • I hope that with the increase in your dilaudid you will be able to get some relief, and hope that you have better luck with your ESI than before.
    Great that they were able to get you in for both the ESI and the MRI so quickly. Do you know how long you will have to wait for the results of the MRI? Is the pain similiar to the pain you had before your TLIF?
    Sending good thoughts your way
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • IcyHot is the best I use it just about everyday.
    hope you feel better soon meydey321
  • had ESI today on right & left L3-S1. Was in tears from so much pain, staff was so nice to me. Mercyfully was given iv sedation dunno wat, all went well. Been sleepy & out of it all day.
This discussion has been closed.