Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Pakistan

Hi guys,

Ive had a prolapsed disc since last year and this year it has extruded and is causing nerve compression and a lot of pain in the right leg (sciatica). The MRI report states :

L1/L2 through L4/L5 : Unremarkable
Conus meduularis ends at normal level. No evidence of intra or extra dural abnormal MR signal though out lumbar region is observed
Impression : Degenrative, disc dessicatory change predominantly right sided posterior disc bulge, right thecal sac compression, right neural foraminal stenosis and prediminantly right nerve roots conmpression at L5-S1 Level
Straightening of normal lumbar lodotic curvature is suggestive of back muscle spasm also

The pain has been there for 2 months now and Ive tried everything from NSAIDs to physiotherapy etc. I went to another city for a microdiscectomy and chickened out at the last second when I was told that they will have to remove a small piece of the backbone in order for them to get to the herniated disc (laminectomy).

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any other way to fix the problem other than surgery?
Im 35 years old and weigh about 80 kgs so not overweight, and I do not have blood sugar or any other medical history etc.
If my post is in the wrong forum them I apologize.

Please help as I have been in a lot of pain and am starting to get desperate :(

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Have you tried to get a second opinion? I think you should, and be open minded.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Yeah mate,
    I've had more than a few opinions. Surgeons always recommend surgery while everyone else
    I talk to just tell me to wait it out.
    What do u think sir?