Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New from Pacific Northwest

MeggieMMeggie Posts: 3
edited 07/25/2012 - 6:01 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi, all! I've stalked your forums for two years now but finally took the plunge and created an account. So, first of all, thanks for all of the advice as I lurked around here. :) As far as my "bio"...

*Car accident 1/10
*Diagnosed with 4 bulging discs (2 c-spine, 2 l-spine), DDD on multiple levels
*Multiple therapies (massage, acupuncture, PT, TENS unit, traction) 2010-2012
*Cervical epidural, facet joint injections, rhizotomy 4/2012-7/2012
*Numbness/tingling/mild weakness in right hand/extremity, severe pain in neck and shoulder, new burning/numbness from rhizotomy
*No current prescription meds

Today I spoke with my anesthesiologist at the neurosurgeon's office and he said he'd done all he could and apologized for the unforseen nerve damage done by the rhizotomy. He recommended a repeat MRI (my last was 5/2010) to see how damage has progressed and then consult with a neurosurgeon on his team.

So, long story short, I'm here for answers (very unique of me, right?). I worked in the medical field for lots of years, and I know that if you have appendicitis you take the appendix out and the problem is solved. With spinal injuries, it's not nearly so simple. Hopefully, after lots of years in the medical field, I'll be able to give advice back to some degree, and thank you so much in advance for any personal advice you have for me.

Much Love,
Meggie

"For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead." 2 Corinthians 1:8-9
"For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead." 2 Corinthians 1:8-9
advertisement

Comments

• HI Meggie,

Welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and I am sure you will find many others whom you have similar diagnoses. If it is nerve damage, as many of us know unfortunately, there isn't lots to be done. Once the nerve is damaged it is damaged. Hopefully your not in that full boat with us and something can be done.

Just thought i would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. take care and look forward to reading more of your post.