Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8 months post 4 level fusion

Hi fellow pain in the necks,

Just wanted to check in and give a update on my 4 level fusion done on 12/19/11. While life for quite a while was a struggle it is markedly better right now. I do have the reduced rom as can be expected but this really is the best I've felt in 5 years. I've put more miles on my hd than I have in 3 years and played a round of golf yesterday free of pain since I can't even remember.

I consider my situation to be a success story and hope that anyone getting ready or going through what most of us have will take something positive from my experience. While it really is one of the toughest things any of us will go through there are some positive things to come out of the process as long as we're patient.

So my adviceis focus on the end goal and stay positive but most of all remember this is a LONG process and it may take 6 to 8 months or longer to start feeling normal. But it will come to a lot of us. Good luck to all and hope things work out as planned.

• David,

Congrats on the success you are having and appreciate you coming back to post your results as sometimes we miss the positive stories and success that have been gained by the surgery. I love to hear someone come full circle and back to all the things they love doing and back to work. So congrats to you, and hopefully this will all come a thing of the distant past to you. Good luck in your new pain free life.