Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prolapse and rupture of cervical spine C5/C6

Leigh GavaghanLLeigh Gavaghan Posts: 1
edited 08/06/2012 - 9:41 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
First of all I would like to thank the surgeon and all the staff at Hospital, I recently had spinal surgery on my C5/C6 PRIOR TO MY OPERATION I HAD SEVERE PAIN IN MY NECK AND MY LEFT ARM TOGETHER WITH TINGLING AND NUMBNESS, MY SURGERY TOOK the form of a mesh cage described to me as a polo with two screws, the procedure went to the front of my neck of the operation lasted for a bout one and a half hours I went into hospital on Thursday at 12 o'clock and was operated on by 2:45 I was discharged on the following Friday at five o'clock, directly after the surgery when I had recovered from the anaesthetic ALL my symptoms and pain had gone apart from a post-operative pain.

I felt I had to write my account as before I had this operation I read many reports online and that scared me to death I would urge anybody having to go for this kind of operation to do so as the benefits in my situation was so great.

• That is actually the typical account of how the surgery goes and so happy to hear that it all worked out for you. The ones you read online or actually the ones that don't go so well and or more involved with more levels with some type of cord involvement, and surgery is actually done to stop symptom progression but not undo the damage.

I am glad you reported your account as their are many whom are concerned about the surgery, just as surgery can be scary. Just follow all your surgeons instruction and hopefully this will be a thing of the distant past and you will be back living a normal healthy busy life style. Good luck and great attitudes go along way. Be sure to walk all you can in your post operative stage.