Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

im new here!

Hi, I'm Casey. I am 31 years old. I'm 8 weeks post op for. L4/L5 TLIF and a revision of L5/S1 fusion with implanted bone stimulator. My dr. Appt is Wednesday, and may return to work half days. I'm very nervous. But anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and chat with others in similar situtions. I feel so alone. I'm going stir crazy, and feel like no one understands the pain or recovery process. I'm open to discuss anything, hear success stories, commiserate. ANYTHING!

• Aamana3AAamana3 Posts: 35
    edited 08/06/2012 - 6:10 AM
    Welcome. Good luck with your appt on Wed. I hope you get good news.

I would be interested to hear about the bone stimulator thing...I think I'm going to be getting one. I'm having my left SI joint fused on August 27th. So, not exactly similar to your situation, but close enough!

I haven't been on these forums very long, but have come to realize that you're never alone here, and there are plenty of people who understand pain...all of us, probably! Sorry, I personally don't have a success story yet....hopefully in a few weeks, tho. But if you look around you'll find quite a few. :)
  • backache99backache99 Posts: 1,338
    edited 08/06/2012 - 8:06 AM
    you must be doing very well to be able to return to work just 8 weeks post op ,that's amazing ..i was 6 weeks in my recliner totally unable to do anything for myself and now 7 months on i have a few complications from my ALIF {l4/l5/S1} its my third operation in 16 years .the fusion was the last resort and my consultant was reluctant to do it {4 others declined } due to previous poor surgery .hence my long recover .estimated recovery for ME 3 years ..yes years ..so well done your doing very well
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • So glad to meet all of you! Yeah 8 weeks is early I think, but we'll see what the dr. says. I had a rough day today, so I'm thinking working may not be the smartest thing to do. I have another 3 weeks for FMLA, might have to use them. This whole thing is so frustrating (I'm sure u can relate)! I have an internal bone stimulator they implanted during surgery. I used an external one before and it didn't work, and have to have the fusion redone with bigger hardware. You can't even see the battery pack. According to my dr, it just stays in there forever, unless it becomes bothersome and then I have a simple (right) incision to remove the battery/etc. I'm wondering if the lump on my incision is caused by that. Weird thing is I can see the leads and stuff on the xrys. I can't go thru metal detectors either. They gave me a medical implant card. So far so good. Won't be traveling for awhile anyways ;) ill let ya know what the doc says!! Good luck to alllll of us!!!! :)