Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 S1 Joint Problems

Hi everyone, I'm new here I've been suffering for two years with L5 S1 joint, My previous Dr. did 4 epidurals (over the course of 2 yrs) only with little relief not knowing at the time that all the symptoms I was having was S1 joint pain too, I just recently (with my new Dr.) had a nerve root block with very little relief the sitting is the worst. My Dr. said since the nerve root block did not help my symptoms I would need the laminectomy I've been an avid exerciser for years my goal is to get back to exercise, I can't even walk a mile without everything flaring up. Has anyone had a laminetomy with good results? Thanks so much for your help Ü

• Retow, I had two failed Lami's at the L5 S1 level. I had a herniated disc that caused the pain in the first place. I was to the point where it hurt to walk about a 1/4 mile. I needed to do something, epidurals made the pain worst and caused me to have back pain. If I could go back I would not get the surgery. The way I feel now if much worst than I did before hand. I am not telling you not to get surgery. That is up to you. I am just saying, no matter what the surgeon says, you will never get just ONE laminectomy. Good luck and I hope you can find some comfort.