Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Read: Threads without any responses

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
edited 08/07/2012 - 3:50 PM in Spine-Health Announcements
As the member community grows, the number of questions coming out of new threads increases.
But in all honesty, there are not that many new or different topics. In fact there are is a large number of new threads that are basically asking the same question and or concerns.

That makes its more difficult for other members to respond and answer threads. When there are for example 7 threads about ESI, or ACDF, or I am in pain , not all of them are going to get responses. That is just the pure dynamics of any online site. It becomes impossible to address every new post.

We have always requested that new members use search before they make that first post. If they did that, they might find dozens of other threads that discuss that exact subject matter. Then there would be no need to create a new thread, but instead post to one that already exists.

I can also see the other side of this. New members make posts and they dont see any responses. Some members are patient and wait it out, some start creating new posts asking everyone why their post wasnt addressed, or we do get some members who just get down right nasty with their comments.

My team has been discussing this and we would like to see many of those un-answered posts handled. However, That might mean that the post will be deleted, edited, etc. We need to do what is best for everyone on this site. This type of work takes a lot of time. The last time we had to do this was back in 2009 and it took 5 people about 3 months of work to get this done.

Remember, everyone on my team, including myself are pure volunteers. We are here doing what we do, because we love and believe in what Spine-Health is all about. We have seen first hand how it can help people.

But, we also need your help.

1 - Read the Forum Rules
2 - Read the FAQ
3 - Use Search before you make a new post
4 - Review all the posts in the Spine-Health Announcement section
5 - DONT just post question after question without seeing what is already out there
6 - If you dont know about how to use or what to do regarding the forums, always ask a Moderator
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• A few years ago we used a system of bumping, which means someone comes across a thread they may not be familiar what the member is asking and they would type the word "bump" on the title and then say in the body of the message they are "bumping the thread". I am fine with any member doing, that. It lets that member know, they are not being forgotten. Now this is only used if the un-opened thread is falling down the list, and just needs to get back up on top, so others will read it.

I stated last night that I was going through all the unanswered threads and thought we only had 25 pages but that is not the case we have 146 pages. Now some of these maybe duplicate post, so I am asking members if you see a duplicate post to also let us know as you do with spam. I am working now on cleaning all of this up, and it will take sometime. But the idea is to make the unanswered topics tab at the top of the page more useable. I would also greatly appreciate anyone who does start answering some of these post, so the list doesn't get any longer. As while we clean this up, some of our attention going to answering post, will be limited, do to the time it takes.