Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member, Hello!

Hi everyone. This forum is the best i have come across for spine problem discussions.

I am 32 years old and have been dealing with back pain for over 15 years. But the real problems started 3 years ago with sciatic pain.

What a frustrating few years, chiro, massage, epidural injections and I am worse off now than when it started.

Just had MRI showing a big herniation at L5 S1, severe narrowing, and 2 compressed nerves.

I am lucky to get a few hours of sitting on the couch without pain. Working & sleeping are everyday struggles.

So now I am on my way to a microdiscectomy, hopefully within a month.

I am not super nervous about the surgery, but the other aspects. Recovery time, reinjury, and quitting smoking all are pressing on my mind.

But this seems a great forum for support. If anyone has advise it is more than welcome, I have a more detailed post in the surgery forum as well.
L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!

• Hi Ben,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. You will find many members whom have or are going through the same surgery as yourself, and they can give you pointer's on how they are dealing with any issues of recovery and so on.

As far as the stopping smoking check the smoking forum, plenty of people to help you out there as well. Just find something you will always do when you feel like smoking, like maybe coming here and reading or posting to others, and it does help.

Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Hello Friends,

Nice to meet all of you. I hope you will stay a long time in this community.

Trust Haddin