Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i have ankosis in my neck, a couple of discs have fused together, and i'm in alot of pain. i was wonding if any one else has this and what can be done. as of right now i cant turn my head. I feeling aliltte frantic, since i also have lower back pain. the road ahead does'nt look good,i feel like i will always be in pain, either my neck or back, or G-d forbide in both places at the same time. any thought or insights would be great.

• Hi and welcome to Spine Health, first I would like to say any advice given on this forum is from personal history and only doctors can diagnose conditions. That being said I also have neck and back pain, I am one month post op from an ACDF C5-6. I have been suffering neck and back pain constantly since 2008. I had surgery as a last option because I had tried every other option. If you take a look around the forums you should find someone with the same symptoms as you. Have you had an X-ray or MRI yet? An MRI will show more but most doctors have to order an X-ray before MRI because of the insurance companies. Talk to your primary care physician (PCP) and start looking in your network for Neurosurgeons and/or Orthopedic Surgeons who specialize in the cervical spine. Do you have any pain and/or numbness in arms, fingers, legs or toes? Doing the above will start you in the right direction and if you need surgery there is a lot of useful information on this forum. Remember you are not alone this forum is filled with people (spineys) who know what you are going through and the pain you are feeling. Unless you have pain fom spinal issues you cannot understand the pain, frustration and limitations that spineys have. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.