Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

adr-very nervous

Its almost 6 weeks after rhizotomy and doctor suggested anterior disc replacement at L4-5/S1. I am so nervous,spending sleepless night. M worry is that what if things go the unexpected way? When i did rhizotomy, i hoped for the best but things turned the other way. i am too anxious but the best is yet to come.

• When are you having your adr?I have an adr at L5/S1.I will keep you in my thoughts that everything goes well for you, and that soon, you are on the road to recovery.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Unfortunately am not in UK but in South Africa,but i will keep you posted. The op is on 15th August (tuesday next week). Only 3 days left.
  • please ensure you REST when you get home its a massive operation with a long recovery VERY long take anyone's opportunity for help should they offer .buy a grabber {amazon sell the cheap} you will need help post op so ensure that you have it .remember ITS A REPAIR NOT A NEW SPINE .so being a repair it will never be as good as a new spine {like when you were born !!} i hope your recovery is quick but even if it is you need to protect your back for the rest of your life .try not to worry about the operation .you will be asleep anyway .but when you wake you will be in pain .i thought i had died and was in hell ! but i was in recovery where i stayed all night !.i needed massive amounts of pain relief then and for the next three days .i had a fusion but karen ouch has had AD and is very nice to keep in touch with and she will be able to tell you more about hat you can expect .i was unsuitable for ADR as my spine was too far gone to support replacement disks .good luck my friend
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • killing nerve roots a good idea, I am not sure I would do that, and to be nervous is expected, I was told I need fusion C4 -C7
    and I have to think about it too, I am getting a second opinion because it is a big step for me, it is not every day a person is playing so close to your spine, I feel the same,
This discussion has been closed.