Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A little Whine, or is that Wine?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
Over the years, I tend not to post too much about whats going in with my medical situation. My team knows whats happening , plus I try to keep Ron's Medical History up to date.

For the past two months, my lumbar stenosis has really being given me problems. In this same time period, I've started on a new venture regarding Health and Nutrition. My son, the chef and caterer is now getting a certification as a Nutritionist.
Part of that is him being my teacher and I am the client. So, he has set up new foods, new exercises, etc, but NOT to forget about the things I ate before. So, I am walking a lot more than I did before.

I am good up until 6:00pm.. From that time on, I really cant sit in any spot too long. From my hips down to my ankles, there is pain, burning, shaking, twitching, etc That the time frame I need my pain medications and muscle relaxers along with Neurontin. I am also getting the same burning/twitching in my hands and arms, and at times neck. We are not sure if
this is because of my TOS or because of the cervical stenosis I have.. What difference does it make anyway!

But while I am active ( walking, working at the wine shop, in my back yard), I am ok.. With more activity, I don't even notice
the stenosis.

So, I am plugging along , trying to more and more and doing everything I know how to combat the nightly time periods.
I have even brought out my old foam roller, looking for my Thai Mediation music, found some of my essentials oils to burn.

I only posted here because I've always tried to tell people to be positive and upbeat... Many of the new members dont know me, so they might be saying How can that guy tell us to be positive, he is fine and without problems

On this site, none of us are without problems. Thats why I came here 6 years ago. This is a community about people helping each other.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I haven't read all of your bio, issues and such. I know your one of us, and I like your ways of putting things. Trying to stay positive is a bit hard to do when your body is stabbing you from all sides. However you can't just lay around either and moaning, for me I have to get up and move about. I try keep my mind busy, just frustrating when I can't stay focused.
    I don't know how you get so much done, so I find it a good push for me to read here and see different spineys and how they handle day to day struggles.
    It's always good idea to have healthy diet and you get your own expert for free. How much does he charge, Can he fly to Chicago and give me a good kick. I'm always saying , trying to eat better. For me I need to do it now.

It's hard to do, I think if ya do it alone. Lately just since was put on O2 I crave chocolate and I never ever had sweet tooth. It's strange I asked few ppl on O2 and they say same thing.
    So for me now is cutting out that chocolate, wish I like the dark kind.
    Good luck and I hope you find some relief for the nite hours.
    Can you share some of the dishes your son wants you on.

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • A little cheese with that wine? or whine? Great news about your son! Better news that he wants to share what he's learning with you. I hope you're getting checked out about the cervical or thoracic issues. I know when my elbow is so painful or not to reach for something that is way beyond reach or get a flare up to my neck and to the inferential and ultrasound treatments place I go...

Mary has a great idea for you to share some nutrition tips. I hope you enjoy the rest of summer. One day at a time. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.