Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey! No one is paying attention to me ! WHY!!

This comes up from time to time. We have a new member that creates a thread looking for some answers. They wait, but nothing. Some new members get impatient when its only a couple of hours or a day and still nothing.

- People tend to respond to people they already know
- People tend to respond to new threads that sound interesting
- People tend NOT to respond to new threads that do not contain any details.
- People tend NOT to respond to new threads that start out: HELP, emergency, I Cant take it any more, Its over

- Read our FAQs
- Include details about your situation, (medical condition, diagnostic test results, surgeries, treatments, medications,etc)
- Try to create your posts as if you were sitting face to face with your audience
- Dont be inpatient

We've documented many times on how to make your first post. Also, please look at the FAQ, there is alot of information
that new members could pick up on.

Has your post not be responded to? Do you think any of the above reasons apply?

Our team is working hard to address all the unanswered posts. There are pages and pages of them. Tam (tamtam) is spending hour after hour addressing each of them.

Our goal is to have 90% of new threads responded to in less than a week.

But we need your help
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• From my own perspective, a lot of times there will be posts in the introductions that are asking questions about conditions that I know absolutely nothing about. We each have our own set of issues. I find it hard to answer someone when I'm at a complete loss about what they're asking. And I bet I didn't get a lot of responses there for that same reason. (But thanks to those who did!)

I'm new to this forum, too. My particular issue is my left SI joint. I'm having fusion surgery next week. I can't seem to find anyone who has had my particular surgery, so I am trying to remain positive and just tell myself that it's probably because those who have had it are healed and moving on with their lives ~ including not checking in here anymore.

I have found myself a very nice group of "friends" in the August Surgery Buddy thread, though. Although we all are having different procedures, we can still relate to each other about the anxiety, pain, expectations, etc, and cheer each other on as we go through one-by-one.

My advice to any newbies is to not just post in the introduction thread, (although it is nice to see who's coming in), but to also try to find other threads that you may have something in common with the others who have posted there. It may not be the same exact problem you have, but maybe timing of surgery, emotional issues, etc., and will start getting you connected to some of the others on here. These forums have been such a blessing for me, if for nothing else than the support of others who do take their time to post and to let me know that I'm not alone. :)