Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hallelujah I am fusing!!!!

Hello everyone, So the spine surgeon took xrays today and says I am fusing beautifully, he expects complete fusion in the next couple of months. is that not wonderful you guys!!! He does not even want to see me for 8 months at the 1 yr anniversary of my surgery. Yeah...I am so elated about this progression It all may be worth it. He gave me refills for meds without complaint ( I thought I may have to fight for those) he asked that I start to ween of pain meds but he seemed ok with muscle relaxers going foward at least 6 months.I really only take pain meds maybe 1x a day and muscle relaxer at bedtime. Working on meds is not an option and I get home so late in evening if I take them they keep me up. The soma helps alot to relax and sleep without spasms. He is sending me to see a rhematologist ( Spelling?) he says he onle works on spine and mine is golden (metal really) so he is concerned about some of my sore spots and inflamation. So we will handle that situation if and when a situation arises in the meantime I will bask in the glory of at least one thing going right. The new incrased work hrs will set me back a bit but I will adjust..us spineys are good at adjusting right?I just wanted to tell you hot off the presses extra extra read all about it, Kim is fusing and she is thrilled. So the pain that is lingering aound will eventually go I hope..It might be my payment for a stressful job and if that is the case, then we deal! like always. I wish you all a pain free day, for those in recovery behind me Missy,Vin G and Joe I hope you start to see improvement remember my meltdowns, I did not start to feel better till 12 weeks post op. It may get worse before it gets better. Save yourself the stress and give yourself the time. It does get better. I promise. Blessings Kim

3 level ACDF C4-C7
Kimberly Martin

• Kim I am so pleased for you!
    Hearing that fusion is taking place is such good news after this surgery.
    That shows that the recovery is under way and the prognosis is good.

Now, what are you going to do to celebrate?

Keep smiling!
  • That must be a real relief to you!

I just wanted to jump in and congratulate you! That is HUGE! Happy that you are able to get by on minimal meds too. That is great. I wish you continued good healing, I have been following your progress and so glad you are doing well hon!

Missy, 1 level ACDF C6/C7 Monday July 16th 2012.

• I am happy for you Kim and can feel your enthusiasm in your words, ( sp), thank God we don't have Grammer Nazi's here. I see neuro on Monday Aug 20th and will know more. Yesterday was a bad day as my neck, left side mostly and shoulder hurt all day and meds didn't touch it and fell asleep at 4 am. Should say slept some, but from what you said Kim it should get better. Don't push your self to hard and take care. Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • This is Great News! Good Luck to you!!! Keep us posted I like reading your posts as they are like telling a story, as the progression of the healing process happens, Again Very Good News!!! :)
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Thank you for all the congrats, I feel blessed to have you and this site to share this with cause frankly noone else cares!!! my friends have long gotten over hearing anything about my neck, so if they dont want to hear the struggle they do not get to join in the success. Anyway I am still having those issues with my hands, this weekend has been a struggle not sure what brings it on and also what makes it abate. I guess if I knew all that I could control it right and this post would be mute. I was wondering if any of you have Fibromyalgia or opinions about it. The only reason I am thinking about that is, well one I am having joint pain but two was I read somewhere that many people with Fibromyalgia suffer from IBS ( irritable Bowel Syndrome) I have had IBS since about the time my neck crapped out maybe 4-5 yrs ago. I just found that to be a little bit of a "hmmmm" moment. I handle the IBS it has become a part of my life and I just deal with it and dont even mention it anymore. I just watch what I eat but I pretty much always struggle with that.I I find stress to be huge trigger. Funny my IBS was never better controlled than when I ate what I wanted but was on MLOA from work lol So I have to go see a Rheumatologist per my Spine Surgeon and he deals with that Diagnosis and was just wondering. I am pretty confident i dont have it because sounds like severe joint pain and i only have wrists,elbows, shoulders and ankles discomfort. I also promised my self that I would not play the what if game because it serves no purpose. The IBS freaked me out a little. I just thought I would stick it out there but no pressure! I have just been aching all weekend kind of like my body saying " ha ha dont you even think you are better dummy" i mean I still have neck pain everyday but this week I had something else HOPE and that meant alot. I saw an xray and it showed bone growing in spots that were black before. That was huge and still is nothing will impinge (no pun intended ) on my fusion. I am just a materpiece in progress hell I am only 4 months post op i am still recovering and will be. I just love it when I talk to you and it makes sense to me. I wish you all pain free day. Thanks for the well wishes, back at you! Kim
    3 level ACDF C4-C7
    Kimberly Martin