Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do i stay awake?

Ive just been put on indometicin 3x50g a day and Amitriptyline 25g at night .
This is for chronic lower back pain and spasms .
I have marked wear on L5 S1
How do i stay awake during the day ? !!!
Should i take it earlier in the evening ?

Also is it common to have diarhea as a side effect of the indometicin ?
How long should i expect these side effects to continue ?

• Hi,

I took amitriptyline for about three/four months (now switched to gabapentin). I read about it first and learnt that I needed to take it a good 13-14 hours before I wanted to get up. I was still pretty tired all day though, another reason for switching to gaba. The initial tiredness did get less though, after a week or so I didn't have to nap every day, just about half of them!

I haven't taken the other med you refer to so can't help you there, sorry.
  • Thanks , i was thinking of taking it earlier tonight , maybe around 8pm instead of 10 , hopefully that wil help. I have felt incredibly tired all day but its only my first day so must stick with it !
    Hope you're doing ok ?
  • Oh yeah, I was taking it about 6pm to get up at 7am ish. Not too bad today, thanks for asking.