Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical discs and feet

efraimeefraim Posts: 1
edited 08/19/2012 - 4:11 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have a herniated c3-c4 disc plus 3 bulging discs c4-c5,c5-c6 and c6-c7 as well as a herniated L6/S1. One year ago I was flat on my back for three weeks and could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I was left with a right index finger that could not be raised and was down by about 90 degrees if I spread my fingers. At that time I also felt numbness in my right foot between my big toe and 2nd toe with a occasional numbness in the left foot as well. The numbness went away when I started to go to a Pilates class. An EMG indicated that I had reenveration abnormalites in all muscles in both arms, with the right being worse than the left. For 6 months I was symptom free except for my finger. Today my right index finger has returned to be almost straight and can be lifted 60%. Three weeks ago, I had a relapse. I am getting mild numbness in both arms down to the pinky and ring finger, occasional twitches of my forearm and some rare hand cramps. Last week the numbness in my feet came back. Has anyone experienced this? My doctor thinks it is all from my neck issues and anxiety. I would appreciate any advice.

• can be radiculopathy and there is much information about the referred numbness and pain with cervical spine and lumbar spine.

Check out "radiculopathy" as a search and might find it helpful.

From my own experience with radiculopathy has been directly connected from my c-spine, which has shown symptoms prior to my ACDF surgery was primarily hands, numbness, tingling, weak wrists. It was coming from bone spurs pressing on facet nerves. Symptoms went away until I had further DDD on the levels below C-6/7 into T-1 multiple bone spurs, which have affected my forearm, ulnar, median and radial nerves in my hands all connecting to nerve roots being compressed in c-spine.

With the feet numbness in feet, I have had off and on balls of my feet, big toe affected, but that could have been shoes, and arthritis, bunion issues and lumbar combined. Never been chronic just flare-ups.

It cannot be diagnosed for certain until you have radiology scans, i.e. mri, ct. With all the DDD and herniation, you mention a "dr. saying it is from your neck and anxiety"? Is the dr you refer to an Ortho or Neurosurgeon? If not you should be under the care of one and highly recommend the scans if you have not had them.