Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Traction

Just found out I have mildly bulging discs on my right side from c3-t2. Has anyone used Home Traction devices? if so, any help? I just hate going to PT and would love to avoid..... What do you think? Looking at the Neck Pro, gets lot of positive reviews on Amazon....

• But I would still go to at least several PT sessions. Let a PT show you the best exercises for you and how to do them properly. I have many cervical problems. My home traction unit helps with some of the problems. But, do not use the over the door types. They can harm your jaw joints and bite with any significant pressure. I use the lay on the floor track type. At Azn look up Saunders or Comfortrack as examples. What ever you get, take it in and have a PT show you how best to use it for your situation. Your Dr. will give you an Rx for one, but your co-insurance of 20 to 40% of approved price, might exceed what you can actually buy the unit for online.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • davrunnerddavrunner Posts: 478
    edited 08/21/2012 - 7:54 AM
    I got it through my insurance. I don't remember the name, I'm at work. Agree with daffy that you should go to PT as they can show you exercises that will help support your spine and may prevent/slow down further damage. Originally had traction at PT years ago and now using it at home to buy time before having a 3 level fusion.
    Good luck to you.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched