Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So frustrated..

I have injured my back twice. I have seen a couple doctors and finally found one that cares. The first was 2009 which hit directly at the lower spine didn't bother me until after I had my daughter 2010. Got an xray showed degenerated disks. This year Feb injured my upper spine by directly coming up on the counters edge. I saw a chiropractor several times and now I am in severe pain, it has gotten so much worse. It feels like a knife is stabbing into my spine and it spreads out into the ribs and shoulder blades and at times my chest. I can touch the point of pain and it hurts. I finally got an xray from my doctor and it showed nothing. I cried when he told me this, I can handle pain but this hurts every single day. I don't get prescribed pain medication from this doctor so I use the Vicodin from my previous doctor sparingly. He has now given me a total on 3 shots in this area. It's not a steroid shot but Lidocaine and something else. I don't understand how the xray shows nothing I'm so frustrated.. he said if the shots don't work in 10 days he will order and MRI. It's the T7. Any help or insight would help greatly...

• PinkSh00zPPinkSh00z Posts: 21
    edited 09/13/2012 - 1:14 AM
    Have you gotten the MRI yet? My MRI showed much more damage than the x-rays or the manual palpitation of my chiropractors. Hope you've gotten some answers.
    C5-C6-C7, T3-T4-T5: disc protrusions, spinal cord & C6 nerve root involvement, tear at T3-T4
    C6 nerve root injection 10/12/12 and at-home traction
  • I saw the Dr again, the shots didn't work. He thinks if it was a herniated disk that it would show on the XRay. He thinks something could be loose in there which I really dont think.. I'm really looking forward to some answers though..So he approved the MRI, I'm now on the 2nd day waiting if my insurance to approve it. Thank you :)
  • My disc protrusions showed up on the xray, but it wasn't until the MRI that we knew the spinal cord was involved. Good luck with the insurance, I hope the MRI gets approved soon.
    C5-C6-C7, T3-T4-T5: disc protrusions, spinal cord & C6 nerve root involvement, tear at T3-T4
    C6 nerve root injection 10/12/12 and at-home traction