Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie :-(

Hi all. I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself to you.

My name is Christine, 42 years old and a survivor of breast cancer.

I started getting pain in my left hip about a year ago. Worse when I walked a fare amount. Painful walking upstairs. Couldn’t lay comfortably on that side. Pain radiated to my groin area as well. I sometimes got a pinching pain when I sneezed.

Went to GP in December who arranged for me to have an x-ray also mentioned it to my oncologist in January and they arranged for me to have a bone scan. Both came back clear. The pain continued so I went back to my GP and they tried me on various pain reliefs. Tried ibuprofen and tramadol together (tramadol made me rough) and then tried naproxen & co-codamol together but nothing helped the pain. She then referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon who thinks it is nothing to do with my hip but my back. He is arranging for another bone scan because of my history with cancer. A few people I know have mentioned sciatica could be problem. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of hip pain and what the cause of theirs was.

Look forward to hearing from anyone :-)

• Hi Pink, not sure if this could be sciatica. Myself and most others seem to have pain in the hip that moves down the leg from sciatica. Check out other forums that more closley resemble your pain. It could be a pinched nerve that is not the sciatic also.

It seems that these kinds of pain are usually caused by a pinched nerve from a herniated disc. Bottom line is you need a diagnosis before you can really move forward.

Welcome to the forum & Good Luck to you!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!