Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 weeks post multilevel PLIF and doing great

I had fusion L1-L5 on June 5. I just went back to the surgeon for my second post surgery check up. Everything is looking good and I can start weaning out of my brace while working with a Physical therapist. I am so happy with the outcome. My constant and debilitating leg pain is gone and my only back pain is when standing or walking a long time.

My doctor is just pleased as Punch with me and with himself (I suspect).

I turned 70 just a couple of weeks before my surgery and am in good health overall. I was exercising and walking a lot right up until the surgery.

I had a drain just to the right of the main incision at the upper buttocks which has healed just fine but I generally feel more pain in that area. I asked the doc about it yesterday and he said that is where the probe went, and he might have taken some bone there too. He told me about this probe that helps him see the nerves before surgery but I have forgotten what it is called. It is technology that has only been out a few years. He said it was state of the art.

I also looked up the bone harvesting sites and that is a site sometimes used.

So there is life after 4 level fusions even at age 70.

• Great to hear. I'm still waiting for that pain free feeling so I can scream with joy! Again......great news!!!

Different degrees of back pain since 1994
    Cortisone shots Jan/09
    Discectomy and lamenectomy April/09
    L5 - S1 spinal fusion July.13th/12