Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is Normal?

This question has so many different responses, that it is almost impossible to really come up with one.

Is my normal the same as yours? Maybe so, but probably not.

Is living in pain every day and accepting it normal? Then for many of us, it is perfectly normal , but for so many others

What is normal? Per the definition: Conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

Ah, I dont know if I really believe all of that.

What is normal to some one is abnormal to another one. Its so hard to pigeon hole these terms and phrases.

Our lives, are not met to be identified to this, that or another thing. People can not label us as being one way or another.
Each one of us is a human being, with many different traits and feelings. I would be angry if someone classified me as being angry because of all of my medical problems, angry because I am Italian and shouldn't accept that.

That is all nonsense, we are who we are because of who we are. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope I never try to tell another what is normal and what is not. I only hope that I am sensitive enough to understand that we are all different, with different definitions of what normal is

Am I normal???? If so, by whose standards and definitions
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I think normal is really what you're used to. I'm used to having good days and bad days, so that's normal for me. We always say on here that we have to get used to our "new normal". So in that regard, normal is what you're used to, at least it is for me. Amazing how we all have such different types of normal.