Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C4/5,c5/6,c6/7 fusion 4 days ago

I had been experiencing some numbness and tingling in my left arm for a few weeks. I finally went to my family doc. I expected to be treated for a pinched nerve, but was sent home after X-rays. Next day doc calls and said need to have an MRI as something is "definately" going on with my neck. Had MRI and was referred to one doc, while waiting for that appt, I got a call from a neurologist saying I needed to be seen by him. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, radiculopathy, and the c6/7 was bulging very significantly against my spine. Surgery was the only option. Was told if I bled my head, even slightly I could be paralyzed. Scary for a 35 year old mom of 4! My neck often felt heavy, was always attributed to my long thick hair, had burning and stiffness and lower back pain, numbness and tingling in my left arm/ hand,my legs felt heavy and always hurt, even my feet. Dr did surgery and first thing I notice is my legs no longer hurt!! Dr said neck wasuch worse than images showed, I expect it got worse over the 4 weeks in between diagnoses and surgery. I only need to wear the collar when in car or walking outdoors! Try to keep neck moving in normal range of motion, so it stays loose. Get a bone growth stimulator tomorrow to help bones fuse properly. Now sometimes I feel I have to yawn real big to take a breath, just want to be sure this will go away.

• Just wondering how you're doing now? I have similar issue in the cervical area, my spinal cord is flattened and the C6 nerve is compressed as well. Also a thoracic area where the spinal cord is indented. Just got these MRI results a couple of days ago & waiting for the appointment with neuro surgeon. I showed the results to a physical therapist I work with, and he said he didn't want to scare me but truly didn't know how I was walking & functioning. His reaction makes me think the surgeon will move quickly & I'll be in surgery in October.
    C5-C6-C7, T3-T4-T5: disc protrusions, spinal cord & C6 nerve root involvement, tear at T3-T4
    C6 nerve root injection 10/12/12 and at-home traction