Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

groin pain for 18 months

Hello all,
My pain has been killing my life for a while: I can't walk longer distances, can't exercise, can't swim, can't carry weight to the side...
The pain in the right groin started after a stupid overextension of my back when doing Pilates. I initially saw two physios who gave me exercises for symphisis pubis that only made the pain worse. A couple of months later sciatica in the same leg started which I relieved by stretching the piriformis. Two MRIs and XRay revealed nothing. Doctors think it's not related to back, but otherwise can't find a diagnosis. Last summer the adductors tested positive but the MRI excluded that.
The pain subsided after several months only to appear again after I walked one day a litle bit longer. Now, eight months later it's still there. The sciatica started again recently, and my lower back is starting to ache. The pain can be triggered by bending at the hips and lifting the leg as when one puts socks or trousers on.
The diagnosis is made more complicated by my history: I had an op for a herniated disc (L5-S1) six years ago. No trouble since with my back: I went through pregnancy 4 years ago with no problem either.
I really don't know who to turn to any more. Very depressed.
Has anyone had this kind of pain?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 09/04/2012 - 10:16 AM
    I was being treated for a groin pull for over 13 months. With all the treatments, I wasnt getting any better, so
    my physiatrist scheduled a MRI of my hips. That and follow on X-Rays indicated that my problem had nothing to do with my groin, but it was advanced arthritis gnawing away at my hip socket. I had my left hip totally replaced and have never had that feeling like groin pain since.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com