Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Constant pain...what to do?

Hello I'm new to this site I posted once before....I'm having all sorts of issues & feel like a hypochondriac when I start talking to people about it...I'm sure anyone who is In pain all the time probably feels that way :( the last time I posted I just gave a quick run down of my symptoms to see if anyone had any idea of what could be wrong. Ive hurt for so many years that I haven't really put everything together but there is something going on possibly nerve related I'm guessing...my neck hurts all the time...it feels sometimes like my head is too heavy to hold up. I went to the Chiro and had X-rays done & he said my neck is tilted way forward which is causing all of the muscle tightness, I also have curve around my bra strap area to the left & the vertebrae turn to the right in that same area....I also have a lot of issues with hip pain. At times I can't walk very far or stand for very long without severe pain in lower back...something else ive been experiencing is I wake up with my arms & hands numb & hurting & when sitting my feet/toes go numb...I sound like a train wreck! I never went to a regular doctor for my pain because I didn't think they would help me...I figured they would just think I wanted drugs....I don't have insurance for the tests I probably need to find out what is going on. I did finally go & brought my X-rays & she did give me meds for pain & for the muscle spasms, it did help I felt better than I had in years but right now I seem to be hurting a lot more so what to do now? I'm only 37 and I have a small child & a job & a husband to take care of I don't have time to be sick or lay in bed...so there it is does anyone have any ideas of what's going on? Thanks I appreciate any input sorry for rambling I'm just fed up lol

• Really sorry to hear of all your pain and symptoms. Most of us can relate and you came to the right place to get advice. It's tough if you don't have insurance. I'm not familiar with alternative ways to get treatment or imaging done without insurance. My advice is that you will need to get an MRI to be diagnosed properly (sounds like you have nerve related issues coming from the spine) and that is quite expensive. Even with insurance, it doesn't cover the entire cost. Maybe another member on this forum has experience on getting health care without insurance?

I had pain 24/7 before diagnosed and had a fusion done over a year ago. I am much better than before but I still have pain. Now it's more manageable. It's tough when you have a child and husband to take care of. I have two children and a house to run and trying to work on my own business all at the same time. Take care and know that you are not alone.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches